Friday, January 13, 2012

Tilapia Masala with Basmati Rice

Back to the healthy. This recipe also came from the Food Network website. I'm not sure I'd call it a masala, but it is tasty and healthy.

I started by preparing the rice. I put a cup of Basmati rice (rinsed) into my rice cooker, covered it one and a third cups of water, and let the rice cooker do its thing. When the rice is done, toss in a half a cup of frozen green peas.

Next, make a marinade by pureeing in a food processor a half a cup of plain yogurt, a clove of garlic, an inch-long piece of ginger (peeled and cleaned), one tablespoon lime juice, a quarter teaspoon each of cumin and Cayenne pepper, and three quarters of a teaspoon of salt. I recommend putting the garlic and ginger in first, to make sure that those solid ingredients get sufficiently minced.

Pierce each filet (I used four) lightly with a fork, and spread the marinade over the top. Let it sit for at least fifteen minutes.

While you're preheating the broiler, make another yogurt-based condiment from a quarter cup of plain yogurt and one tablespoon of chopped cilantro.

Broil the fish until it's opaque, six to eight minutes at the most. Serve with the Basmati rice and the yogurt condiment. Fresh lime wedges would also be a nice touch.



No comments:

Post a Comment